Also in this playlist...
This transcript is automatically generated
It costs about when he grand to have an -- plastic and in this study suggest that doctors may be over doing it.
With these heart procedure pilots -- Dr.
-- thinks of all that now yeah.
Fox News helped dot com is whether his weekly appearance so.
We are reading this in the journal this morning doctor Manning they say I think 70% just for the -- to get them out they're 70% of -- -- to -- -- angioplasty -- -- But -- of the remaining 30% half of them are appropriate 38% are uncertain and 12% or inappropriate.
According to -- stunning one in eight and this is not the first time this this already has come out before.
This is the most comprehensive study done in -- very reputable journal by a big college of -- cardiologist.
And body tells you that we have a lot of modern technology which is push by -- a lot of industry.
Which is -- -- they tend to appeal to the general public.
People want to live to be a thousand years old.
Doctors don't have a lot of checks and balances -- time -- also.
Remember they feel persecuted because if they were not to if you happen to be that 12% and you've got a heart attack and you -- -- you -- you really don't needed.
They'll find themselves -- cardiologist with say -- Hi you see you should have one on some lawyers gonna go right there to -- them so this.
-- this is it a -- -- oil problem what it really is telling you is that eventually if we get our act together.
We've -- out all of this technology this technology will be -- related.
And and people don't necessarily what we know -- have to go and shop for it if you -- that you will get it.
But he will reduce over utilization and the expenditure of dollars that are right now is bankrupting this country and the health system.
IE I'm all for this study -- more let's not only not only angioplasty.
You talking about his.
Replaced and you talking about.
The slew of procedures and a very expensive that a hundred.
There comical could we talk about right -- we talk about Medicaid and Medicare alone and paid out.
What like 26 billion dollars of dollars did procedures lots of dollars.
Lots of dollars and they you know -- there are pharmaceutical -- pharmaceutical biotechnology companies that are into the stent business.
That have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar by pain doctors and paying hospitals.
And incentivizing things that are highly unethical I get -- this is huge problem.
But the the -- -- the public has to realize that if the doctor says no.
Then you know what that we're okay fine and they don't go shop around because you gonna find yourself somebody who's gonna be willing to sell you the Brooklyn bridge -- you need to be willing to say you know if you absolutely it did doctor says -- Then and then reputable doctors and you know listen to him -- -- like need don't fit you know people don't people wanna you know there's a -- -- that people wanted to be a thousand years old.
OK I get it.
But you know that -- there's a sense of self responsibility that is important to if you wanna be to live of that at about 1000 about how you go -- -- -- vowed that.
-- -- pump you up without -- phase to be beautiful don't worry that had to happen and that's why you're here -- that it would love --
Filter by section